Thursday, January 4, 2007

Fruit Cake

So Heather brought in this fruit cake today wrapped in cheese cloth so I could try it. I don't think I'd ever actually had fruit cake before. I can just remember some movie or something where it was Christmas time and everyone was sending fruit cakes. Maybe it was a TV commercial or something. Well anyway, whatever it was, it didn't make fruit cakes seem very appealing. And then when I saw the one Heather brought, I got a little scared. I mean, look at what she wrapped it in! Well, anyway, I finally opened it up in the afternoon and sliced a piece for myself (from the interior so it would be moist) and gave it a shot. It was quite good! It didn't have as strong a flavor as I expected and it wasn't super sweet either, which was nice. Apparently, Heather's mom told her to go easy on the Rum so that is probably why it wasn't a super strong flavor. But it was a nice texture and the dried fruits inside were tasty. All in all I was quite pleased with my first fruit cake experience and I actually think the cheesecloth looks pretty cool! If you click on the photo, you can see a more enlarged version of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment