Wednesday, January 3, 2007

My Scenic Drive to Work

So most of you probably don't know what my drive to work is like. Well, let's just say that the title for this blog post is a bit sarcastic. I drive through northeast Philly and then over the Tacony-Palmyra bridge (which is probably the only part I would call "scenic") and then along Route 73 through a bunch of industrialized areas in New Jersey until I get to work. It's a very congested commute that takes between 40 and 50 minutes. It really isn't a very nice drive, but on certain mornings, especially in the winter time, there are some beautiful sunrises I get to witness. In the winter, the trees don't have leaves and I just love the contrast between the dark trunks and branches and the colorful sky. On these days I actually enjoy part of my drive and wish it could last longer. I took this picture this morning on my way to work when the sky was looking particularly beautiful. Unfortunately, because it is stop-and-go driving, I don't really have a chance to frame it well and make sure it is in focus and exposed properly. So this picture shows the sometimes joy of driving to work, as well as my frustration at the whole procedure! Anyway, I hope you enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Andrew,

    This is such a cool idea! Do you mind if I do it too?

    We miss you and Chad. Hope you had a great holiday. Talk to you soon.

    Adina

    ReplyDelete