Saturday, September 8, 2007

The Bagdad Theater

Yesterday (Friday) I spent the entire afternoon and evening exploring Portland. I spent the early afternoon at Washington Park checking out the Japanese Gardens and the World Forestry Discovery Center. I then headed over to an area I had read about known as the Hawthorne district. It's a kind of up-and-coming artsy area. One of the most famous landmarks in this area is the Bagdad theater. They show recent movies (although not the newest ones that are out in major theaters) and you can get beer and pizza during the show. They also have a pub and restaurant, so I just went for the food, not wanting to stay out too late on the night before flying home. It's a pretty popular spot - you can see the line of people waiting to get in for the 8:00 movie.

(Note: This is my photo from Friday, September 7th)

No comments:

Post a Comment