Sunday, May 6, 2007

First Barbecue of the Year

We had our first barbecue of the year today. It was a load of fun. Here's a photo of the fire soon after I started it. I had some trouble because my charcoal must have sat out too long and it wouldn't light, so I had to wait for my dad to get there with his new charcoal. He was a lifesaver. Anyway, I like this photo because you can see the flames dancing above the coals. It probably looks better if you click on it to look at a bigger version. The weather was a little bit cooler than we might have liked for an outdoor gathering, but it wasn't too bad. On another note, we also had a roofer come out to give us an estimate for getting a new roof and it was kind of a shocker ... We'll see what happens with that.

1 comment:

  1. Be sure you get at least 3 estimates. When we took bids to replace the roof at our old house, the estimates ranged from $3000-$15000. If it's something you're serious about doing, just make sure you don't get taken for a ride...contractors are such a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete