Sunday, December 23, 2007

Holiday (i.e. Christmas) Cards

Here are the Holiday cards we sent out this year. Of course, by Holiday cards I mean Christmas cards. I noticed this year how ludicrous this political correctness really is. I got an email one day saying that there was a special promotion going on where you could get a raincheck for a Wii to give as a holiday gift. Of course, you could only do it on December 21st at which point one religion's "holiday" was already over (Chanukah). It was obvious they were primarily thinking of Christmas, but they said "holidays". We are way too caught up in the whole thing, why can't we just say Christmas? Isn't it worse to say to a Jewish person "Have a nice holiday" on December 21st when their holiday is already over? And New Year isn't really a holiday so we should just say Happy New Year. Okay, I'm done with this, I just wanted to mention it because it really stuck out for me this year, although I don't know why.

(Note: This is my photo from Tuesday, December 18, 2007.)

2 comments:

  1. We got our Christmas card from you in the mail yesterday-- thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had this conversation with people. I feel so bad saying "Happy Holidays" to people after Chanukah is over because if they are Jewish, their holiday is already over! And even though it was fun, I couldn't believe that at our school's "holiday party" we sang the 12 Days of Christmas. It's like they assumed everyone celebrated Christmas! Craziness.

    ReplyDelete