Thursday, December 27, 2007

Mini-Yamanote

I went to my parents' house for Christmas Eve (actually, I went to Chad's parents' house first, we went down on Sunday and I drove back on Monday). My dad had set up a mini train set around some artificial trees in the living room (the real tree was in the family room). The train set is from Japan and it represents real trains. I took this photo without really being able to see it because I had to reach around to shoot the front of the train but it came out pretty well anyway. This is the Yamanote-sen, which runs in a loop around the center of Tokyo. Pretty much all the big areas of "center city" Tokyo are serviced by the Yamanote-sen including Shinjuku, Shibuya, Harajuku, Tokyo, Ueno, and many others.

(Note: This is my photo from Monday, December 24, 2007 - Christmas Eve!)

1 comment:

  1. Aww, so cute! I love the play on a more traditional Christmas train.

    I want to go to Japan soooo badly!

    ReplyDelete