Sunday, July 1, 2007

Taking the Ferry to Friday Harbor

Today we spent the majority of the day traveling again. I woke up at about 6 AM because I wasn't tired anymore. It was 9 AM our time, after all. We got up and got ready and then had a lovely breakfast at the hotel. We had cheesy hash browns with salsa which was delicious. After that we walked over to Pike Place Market to show Chad around for a bit. We got some lovely dried fruits, some mini-donuts from Daily Dozen, took our photo in front of the first Starbucks and just wandered around the streets. We're looking forward to spending more time there when we're back in Seattle next weekend. Then we left Seattle at about 11 AM to drive to Anacortes to grab the ferry to Friday Harbor. The ferry didn't actually leave until about 3:45 PM and we got to Friday Harbor at about 1/4 to 5. We met Kathleen Nelson (a teacher at ASIJ in Tokyo that my mom was friends with) and had some gin and tonics and snacks with her. We walked around Friday Harbor and bit and grabbed some food. This photo was taken down by the ferry dock in Anacortes. I am most likely going to post a bunch more photos to flickr at some point so I'll let you all know when I do that. We only get internet out on the deck, and it's pretty cold so I may not be out here every night. Having a great time so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment