Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Insanity

Some of you may recognize this wonderful intersection and you will know what this picture is trying to show. For the rest of you, I'll try to explain the frustration that this picture is trying to capture.

What you see here is me sitting at a RED light at the intersection of Fellowship Rd. and RT. 73 in Mt. Laurel, NJ. I am stopped at the line waiting to turn left. What you see in front of me is at least 6 cars that have pulled out into the intersection waiting to turn left, and on the left hand side you see the cars going straight in the opposite direction that continue to advance into the intersection and go straight through even though the light has turned red. Therefore, these cars waiting to turn left can't go until those cars have passed. This happens every day. Now, the interesting thing here is that there is only ONE left turn lane. The lane to the right of me is a STRAIGHT only lane. However, you'll notice 3 cars that are trying to turn left from that straight only lane. People are doing this CONSTANTLY and it forces those of us who go over into the left turn lane at the appropriate time to sit through multiple lights. On an average day it takes at least 3 changes of the light before I can turn here. And a change of the light takes approximately 4 minutes. On really good days, I only have to wait through 1 or 2 changes and on really bad days ... well, let's not even go there. This has got to be one of the worst intersections I've ever seen and people are so rude and unable to deal with it.

3 comments:

  1. What I want to know is, what is that thing on your dashboard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lavender pouch from Mom. It doesn't smell anymore though so I don't know why it's still there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to rub it once in awhile to get the scent back!!

    ReplyDelete