Friday, April 27, 2007

Bleeding Heart

I was so excited to see our bleeding heart come up this year. My mom got it for us last year, so this was the first time it grew back (bleeding heart is a perennial for those who don't know, so you cut it all back in the fall and then it grows back in the spring). I was a little nervous this year because we had planted all these perennials and ferns last spring and I just wasn't totally sure that they would come back this year, but pretty much everything seems to be doing really well! The bleeding heart grew like crazy this week! The flowers are adorable and the leaves are kind of water-repellent, so when it rains, there are all these little beads of water on the leaves. Very cool plant.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty bleeding heart. I like the water droplets on the leaves when the picture is maximized.

    ReplyDelete