Friday, October 26, 2007

Vanilla Garbage Flower

Chad and I purchased this plant last year (at the Morris Arboretum plant sale I think). It is a perennial bush and the description said that it had flowers that smelled of vanilla. We then looked up more information about the species and a description we found somewhere else said that the flowers smelled like garbage. So we were eagerly anticipating some flowers to smell. Well they finally bloomed this year and what's the verdict??? Much more like vanilla, thankfully. I took this photo on Thursday night. I had to use flash because it was dark out but I couldn't get it to not wash out the flowers. If you look at the large size you'll see the flower had some guests that night!

(Note: This is my photo for Thursday, October 25th, 2007.)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. I've never heard of that plant before. I love fall blooming plants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to look for the species name. When I find it I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete