Thursday, January 25, 2007

Gas Below $2

So I've been wanting to post something about gas prices for a while. I think it will be interesting to see how the price changes over the year. Today I just had to post one because the price per gallon actually fell below $2 at my Wawa in New Jersey. I actually saw it for $1.98 somewhere else, but I always go to this Wawa. Isn't it amazing how the price can fluctuate? How many of you have seen that thing that compares gas prices to other common commodities. We all think that gasoline is really expensive, but when you start comparing it, there is quite an astounding outcome. For example, how much does a gallon of milk cost these days? I think it is somewhere between $3 and $4. That is significantly higher than gas. What about orange juice? That's also pretty expensive. And look at Europe and Japan. Their gas prices are easily twice as high as ours is. And guess what? They have more efficient vehicles! Do you think there is perhaps some link between the cost of gas and the efficiency of vehicles?? Oh well. For now, I'm just happy that I can get gas in New Jersey that is about 30 cents less than in Pennsylvania!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it exciting?!?! I saw that too the other day and became overwhelmed with joy. I remember when I first got my license and gas was .96/gallon.

    I agree though that we are lucky to have gas as cheap as it is. I know that I would be willing to pay more if I had to. I think most people would suck it up if it came down to it. You need to drive, you know?

    ReplyDelete