Monday, January 1, 2007

Introduction

So those of you who followed my last blog found that it was okay, but I didn't do a great job keeping up with it. I may go back and start it up again, but I'm not sure.

I read a few months ago about a guy who did a photo project where he took at least one photo every single day and then chose one to basically represent each day. Sort of a photo montage of the entire year. I thought that sounded cool, and it's the sort of thing where there is a specific goal: 1 photo a day. That sounds like something I could do. I decided to make it a new year's resolution to do a photo a day and post it up to a blog. Now, just to warn you, my new year's resolution last year was to make one recipe from each Gourmet magazine for the whole year (I got a subscription to it for Christmas last year). Now I started off okay with that and I made one from each of the first 2 or 3, but then I got behind. I never really caught up. I think I made about 4 or 5 (and I made one of them a couple times). So it wasn't too bad. I am very bad at New Year's resolutions and so don't usually do them. I'm going to keep my recipe resolution because now my sister gave me a subscription to Bon Appetit. However, I'm also going to try for the photo one. It seems a little ambitious, but ... one photo a day? That can't be too hard, right? I've already got a great one that I took this morning at about 1 AM. I'll post it later because I have to transfer from my camera. I think you'll like it.

I'm writing this introduction to let you all know of my goal, and to ask for your support. If you notice me missing days, or if I haven't posted yet and it's getting late at night, maybe you could drop me a call or email and remind me. If I know people are following my posts and looking forward to each day, it might help inspire me to keep up with it.

Thanks, and please enjoy. Oh yeah, and have a very happy and prosperous New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment