Friday, May 18, 2007

Another Roofing Estimate

I worked from home today so I could be there to meet with another roofing company for an estimate. This one was a bit different than last time ... he only stayed for about 20 minutes or so, whereas the last guy that was here stayed for 2 hours or maybe a little more. It will be interesting to see what their estimate comes in as. We should have that on Monday and then we are going to have a big decision to make (unless the estimates are very close, then it will be easy to decide).


  1. We haven't decided yet. It's really hard. The second estimate came in about $6,000 less than the first, but the first group seems to provide a much higher quality. How did you guys decide?

  2. Ask for references and call them. I don't see why you guys should spend $12,000 on a new roof (or more)'s not like it's that big. If the cheaper contractor has good references and they offer some sort of warranty, I would go for that.